Every couple has those songs that are special. It’s not so much about the lyrics, but the circumstances.
Perhaps it was the first time you shared a dance together.
… Except it was at a nightclub when you were 19.
Or maybe it was in a mosh pit.
The good news is that while those songs might not be ideal as your bridal waltz, you can certainly incorporate them into your wedding day music playlist (without offending posh Aunt Coral).
We make a living creating the perfect soundtrack for weddings of all shapes and sizes, and as such we get some pretty interesting requests. Over the years we have found incredible (largely unknown) artists with a range of awesomely wedding-appripriate acoustic covers, so of course we want to share some of our favourite songs from their range.
Here are our top-5 wedding-worthy covers:
5. Macklemore’s Thrift Shop cover by Madilyn Bailey – we love the fact that she replaces the swear words too!
4. PSY’s Gangnam Style acoustic cover by Jayesslee – throw this into your garden party and see who picks it up!
3. Pretty much any cover done by Ed Sheeran, but this is one of my favourites. If you haven’t seen any of his covers you can see more here:
2. Vanilla Ice’s Ice Ice Baby acoustic cover by Marty Ray Project – simply because this is epic!
1. Boyce Avenue: these guys are pretty much the masters of acoustic covers and feature regularly on our couples’ wedding playlist requests. They have a huge range of covers across all tastes, but this one is perfect for a wedding.
SO there you have it, our top 5 picks for acoustic covers to play at your wedding. Is there one you love that wasn’t on our list? Drop their name in the comments so we can check them out.